Sometimes it's not just the pouring rain or the wild winds that can make you rethink your outdoor wedding ceremony. At this gorgeous wedding pictured above, the weather was so hot we had to move into the cellar to stay cool. And it was fabulous! Getting married amongst barrels of wine was great fun and the acoustics were fantastic. Sometimes when things don't quite go to plan, this is where all the magic happens.
It's so important to have a back plan of some sort organised for your ceremony. This will help you relax on your wedding day and in the lead up - not having to stress about all of the possible weather scenarios. It will already have been planned for and taken care of, so you can just focus on having a gorgeous day.
Here are a few tips for managing your plan B for your ceremony:
- Be open minded and flexible, remember the most important part of the day is celebrating marrying the love of your life.
- Hire super suppliers who are experienced and know how to manage the unexpected with a smile.
- Think about what shelter or shade is available. Most outdoor wedding specialists will provide marquees, market umbrellas and smaller parasols for an extra fee. They will usually give you the option to confirm hiring them closer to the ceremony date.
- It's always nice to provide some refreshments if practical - water is always really appreciated.
- If you have a back up venue at a different location, make sure that you have worked out a strategy and a time frame for communicating this to your guests. Some couples use a Facebook page or update their wedding websites. Don't forget the older guests or the less technologically savvy, who may not have easy access to the online options!